Friday, November 9, 2007

We will miss you Mammaw!

My grandmother passed away on Thursday at 4:15. It has been a very rough week. She had a massive stroke on Tuesday and so she couldn't swallow anything so they took her off all of her meds and just gave her an IV with morphine so she wouldn't be in pain. She went to sleep on Wednesay and never woke up. My granddad is in the other room and he is in a hospital bed and they have also taken him off all of his meds and we have called in hospice on him. He is laying there asking why she isn't coming to see him and we have to just tell him that she is in the other bedroom laying in bed not feeling well. We can't tell him she died because he can't come to the funeral and it would make his condition worse. So please keep my family in your prayers.

6 comments:

*Staci* said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!

Kim said...

Oh Ash, I'm so sorry!!! If I remember correctly, didn't I go with you to visit them in Jemison when we were younger? I may be confused, so who knows. We will definitely keep your family in our prayers. Love you!!

JANA said...

I am so sorry about your grandmother. You guys are in our prayers.

Jamie said...

I am so sorry to hear that about your grandmother. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. I know this has to be an extrememly tough time for you.

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOU GRANDMOTHER. I'LL BE THINKING AND PRAYING FOR YOUR FAMILY.

The Rice Family said...

so sorry to hear about your grandmother. i will be praying for you and your family.